This policy was created on October 10, 2017 and last updated October 18, 2017.
- What information we collect
- How we use that information
- How we may share that information
- How we protect your information
- Your choices regarding your personal information
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a) Information You Give Us
We collect information that you voluntarily share with us through our website.
If you are using our website to request professional services, you may give us:
- Contact information, (such as your name, physical address, telephone number, and/or email address)
- Information about your home, (such as the number of bedrooms, the types of appliances, and/or zip code or postal code where your home is located)
- Billing information,( such as credit or debit card number, expiration date and security code, and/or information regarding your PayPal, Google Wallet or other digital payment accounts
- Ratings and reviews of the professional cleaner you engage with through our website
If you participate on third-party site with the Housecall Pro portal as a professional cleaner, you may give us:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and/or phone number
- Log-in information, including your Housecall Pro portal username and password
- Application information, if requesting consideration to participate as a professional cleaner through our website, (such as your experience, skills, eligibility to work, and/or availability)
- Your Social Security Number, if you are a professional cleaner who wishes to use our website in New York and you are selected for a background check
If you apply through our website for employment with The Cleaning Champs, Inc., you may give us:
- Contact information, ( including your name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address)
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile
More about payment card information:
You may, at your own discretion, complete surveys on our website regarding your level of satisfaction with our services, your engagement with the booking application, and/or your awareness of our booking application features.
b) Information Collected Through Technology
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting
If you are a professional cleaners using the mobile booking application for service professionals (the “Housecall Pro Portal”), we may collect your geographic location by using Global Positioning System (GPS) information sent to us from the Housecall Pro Portal.
We only collect location information about a professional cleaner who have been accepted to participate as a professional cleaner with The Cleaning Champs, Inc., and not about service requesters or professional cleaners who have only applied to participate and have not yet been accepted.
c) Information You Provide About A Third Party
If you are using our website to request professional services, you may provide us with ratings and reviews of the service professionals you engage with through Yelp, Google, and Face-book.
d) Information That Third Parties Provide About You
We may supplement the information we collect about you through our booking portal with records received from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, tailor our content to you, and offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you. For example, websites on which we have placed advertisements, (such as Google,) may tell us which TCC ads you clicked on. This is often called “conversion tracking.”
In addition, when third parties (such as Onfido) conduct background checks on professional cleaners, those third parties share the results of the background check with TCC.
If you call or text (SMS) message a professional cleaner or service requester using the telephone number provided by TCC, TCC uses Housecall Pro’s features to mask your telephone number. During this process, TCC receives and stores call data in real time, including the date and time of the call or text (SMS) message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text (SMS) messages.
If you are a professional cleaner, we may receive information about you in the form of ratings and reviews from requestors who have used your professional services through the (www.thecleaningchamps.com).
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to serve our customers, consider applicants, market and promote our services, and improve your experience at The Cleaning Champs, Inc.
Some examples of this include:
- Scheduling, rescheduling, and cancelling services
- Rating and reviewing service professionals
- Providing public profiles of service professionals
- Addressing service complaints
- Communicating with you via email, telephone, or text message, in accordance with your wishes
- Managing payments for services
- Considering whether to engage service professionals The Cleaning Champs, Inc.
- Evaluating job applications to work at via The Cleaning Champs, Inc.
- Improving customer service
- Sending you marketing and promotional emails, unless you have told us you do not wish to receive such emails
- Responding to questions and feedback
- Conducting research and analysis
- Marketing and advertising services
- Contacting you with regard to your use of The Cleaning Champs, Inc. website and, changes to The Cleaning Champs, Inc. website and/or The Cleaning Champs, Inc. policies at our discretion
By using The Cleaning Champs, Inc. website, you expressly consent and agree to accept and receive communications from us, including via e-mail, text message, telephone calls, and push notifications to the cellular telephone number that you provided to us. By consenting to being contacted by The Cleaning Champs, Inc. you understand and agree that you may receive communications generated by automatic telephone dialing systems which may deliver prerecorded messages sent by, or on behalf of, The Cleaning Champs, Inc., and/or its Users/Professionals, including but not limited to: operational communications concerning your account or use of The Cleaning Champs, Inc. services, updates concerning new and existing features on The Cleaning Champs, Inc booking portal with Housecall Pro, communications concerning promotions run by us, news concerning The Cleaning Champs, Inc and professional cleaning industry developments. If you wish to opt-out of promotional emails, text messages, or other communications, you may opt-out by following the Unsubscribe options described below. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier may apply to text messages we send. You acknowledge that you are not required to consent to receive promotional messages as a condition of using The Cleaning Champs, Inc. services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing texts or calls from TCC at any time. You may also opt-out of receiving all texts or calls from The Cleaning Champs, Inc. (including informational or transactional messages). The information described in this section may be transferred to, or processed and stored in, the New York. In all cases, we will take the appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with the policies described herein.
We delete all back-ups of the databases containing your personal information after 13 months.
3. HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a) Service Professional Profiles and Ratings and Reviews by Requestors
The Cleaning Champs, Inc. may display profiles of the professional cleaner who participate in The Cleaning Champs, Inc. These profiles may include the service professional’s name, and any ratings and/or reviews about the service professional provided that are provided by their clients. The professional cleaner’s profile may be visible to all users of The Cleaning Champs, Inc.
If you provide a rating and/or review about a professional cleaner, we may post your first name, the initial of your last name, and the name of your neighborhood along, with your rating and/or review on the service professional’s profile. In addition, service professionals may use your ratings and reviews, as well as this personal information about you, in their own marketing materials.
b) Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
Third-party companies and individuals may provide and/or facilitate certain aspects of the services offered through The Cleaning Champs, Inc. on our behalf. We may provide these third-party service providers with access to your information, including your personal information, so that they can perform these services for us. We require these third-party service providers to provide safeguards for your personal information that are similar to the ones that we provide.
The following are some examples of how we share your information with third-party service providers:
- We may disclose your personal information to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- We use Stripe, a third-party service provider, to process any billing information, (including credit card information) that you submit.
- When professional cleaners applying to participate with The Cleaning Champs, Inc. in the New York are provide their Social Security Numbers for a background check, the Social Security Number is transmitted using SSL encryption to the background check service provider. TCC also securely provides New York professional cleaner Social Security Numbers to the check processor.
c) Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (herein referred to as “Promotion”) through The Cleaning Champs, Inc. that may require providing personal information in order to register. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. Please read the official rules carefully. If you choose to enter a Promotion, personal information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such a promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a Winners’ List.
- d) Administrative and Legal Reasons
We may be required to disclose personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, or as otherwise required by law.
Legal Compliance and Protections:
We may disclose account information and/or other personal information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of TCC, our users, or others associated with the company. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
e) Corporate Transactions
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your personal information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of The Cleaning Champs, Inc. or a successor database.
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or another corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you are not authorized to book a professional cleaner or to become a professional cleaner with The Cleaning Champs, Inc.
4. HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use.
For example, when users book our services, the information they input is encrypted through SSL encryption. We do not store credit card information on our servers, and we use SSL encryption to protect your credit card information when it is transferred to our third-party payment processor. In addition, access to your personal information is restricted within our offices. Only employees who need the personal information to perform a specific job, for example, your professional cleaner and/or the President of The Cleaning Champs, Inc. are granted access to personal information. All professional cleaners with access to personal information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. After a new policy is added, these professional cleaners will be notified and reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to enhance protection for our users’ personal information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your account password and to your computer. Be sure to close your browser after you have completed your visit to our site.
Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
5. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update, correct, or delete your personal information.
In addition, you may cancel or modify the email communications you have chosen to receive from The Cleaning Champs, Inc. by following the instructions contained in the emails you receive from us.
6. HAVE QUESTIONS?
The Cleaning Champs, Inc.
2152 Ralph Avenue, BOX 543
Brooklyn, NY 11234